Cherokee Speedway Rule Book
General Track Rules
1. Driver and crewmembers will conduct themselves in a calm and sportsmanlike manner at all times.
2. Interpretation of rules and decisions of speedway officials will be final.
3. Ignorance of rules will not be accepted as an excuse for their violation.
4. The management reserves the right to refuse entry to any car or person without question.
5. The driver alone will be the sole spokesman for their car owner in any and all matters pertaining to the race and must talk with the official in charge.
6. Open drinking of intoxicants in the pit area by drivers will not be tolerated. Offenders will be subject to immediate ejection.
7. The following activities will result in fines, loss of winnings and points, and be subject to suspension and arrest. Loud and abusive language toward track officials, Starting or engaging in a fight, Deliberate contact during caution laps or after the race has completed., Disorderly conduct will not be allowed at the pay-off window Subjecting any employee or official to improper or abusive language or profane signs. Any person found with any weapon on him or his vehicle is also subject to arrest. Penalty will be at the official's discretion.
8. Any fines, suspensions, and/or protests must be settled with speedway management before a driver, car owner or crew member will be allowed to enter restricted area at another event.
9. Any cars entering race track other than at practice times allowed by flagman will be subject to action at discretion of flagman.
10. Any driver, car owner or crewmember going to the top of flag stand or tower without permission, to argue will be fined (minimum $150) at official's discretion.
11. Three features wins in a row in any division the driver or car must start his next race from the rear, (SECA Crate Late Model excluded). Special events are the exception, and the following weekly event will have the driver/car starting from the rear. Special events qualify as any purse paying $200 over the weekly WIN amount. (Young Guns will start in the rear after one win, exception being WC4CN).
12. Car number must appear on roof and both sides to be scored.
13. Any situation not specifically covered by this rulebook will be acted upon by flagman; pit steward or management and decisions shall be final.
14. All cars must have chain in front and rear for hook up!
15. Six inch self-supporting spoiler allowed in all classes.
16. Fire Retardant driver uniform, window net, helmet, five-point harness and fire extinguisher required. If caught at anytime without one of these items, you will not run that date and you will forfeit all points and money.
17. Track fuel only! Fuel must pass track test and track decision will be final.
18. A car is only allowed to compete in one division per night.
19. Any and all items not covered in these rules are non-protest items.
20. All prize money must be picked up at payoff window following day or night's racing activity. Failure to pick up money on night of race will result in forfeit of winnings. No exceptions.
21. Stock means that you cannot modify this part. (If the rules don't say you can- then you can't.)
22. The rules are configured to support different racetracks and what may be good at one track may not be good at another. As deemed necessary, the rules may be altered and/or changed to suit the track and/or the officials. Rules are based off of US production models and availability.
23. The track reserves the right to promote any driver up at any time without prior notice.
24. All 4 Cyl. classes may run heat shield no longer than cylinder head and may not extend past shock tower.
25. No electric or mechanical vacuum pumps allowed in any class
26. All bore & stroke measurements will have plus or minus .010Ē tolerance. CCís and CIís will be figured from actual measurements.
27. Exhaust EVAC system OK in all classes.
28. Bead locks OK all divisions. Outward facing only.
29. Mirrors and radios OK in all classes.
30. All weights or ccís must be posted on hood. All weight penalties & weight breaks must be claimed on hood. If not posted and car is protested, this could result in a DQ.
31. SFI head restraints are highly recommended and may be required in the future. Approved head restraints are the Simpson Hybrid Pro*, Hybrid Pro Rage*, R3* and Hanns* Device. Any other system must have tech approval. A weight break of 25 lbs. will be given in all classes for each driver wearing a head restraint for the duration of the entire event. A foam neck brace does not qualify as a head restraint. It is the responsibility of the driver, not Cherokee Speedway to ensure that his/her device is approved, correctly installed, maintained and properly used. For divisions that are SECA sanctioned per SECA rules: Cars with a 10lb Automatic/Manual FE-36 Fire Suppression System will receive a 25 pound weight break. No weight break for Head & Neck Restraints or Full Containment Seat for SECA sanctioned divisions.
1. Attendance by drivers at drivers' meetings is mandatory.
2. Visual protests (requiring no measurements whatsoever) must be presented to Pit Steward in writing before feature line-up commences. No visual protests taken after track announcer has made call for cars to come to staging area.
3. All drivers must be ready to compete in the event for which they are scheduled. If you are not staged in line up when cars are called to the speedway, you will start tail of field.
4. All Drivers must have a working Raceceiver when on track!
1. After the race starts the Race Director/Flagman is in full control and his/her decisions will be final.
2. The Race Director/Flagman has final word on any on-track activities.
3. Any driver stopping before the completion of the first lap to bring out the caution will be put to the rear or penalized a lap at the discretion of flagman.
4. Any car (s) that is involved in any accident that brings out red or yellow flag will be lined up in the rear of the field. (This does not include cars that stop to keep from hitting the other cars.)
5. STARTS - All initial starts are double file, beginning off of turn four (4). Inside driver sets the pace. It is the outside driver's responsibility to stay beside him. Jumping starts will put you back one row. After 2 double file attempts (jumps do not count), line up will go single file, Crate Late Model excluded.
6. RE-STARTS - Leader may re-start anytime after lights go out down backstretch to Turn 4. Drivers jumping starts will be put in the rear.
7. Any cars not on the track when "okay" sign comes out will start at rear. .
8. MULTI-CAR WRECK ON FIRST LAP: All cars get their spot back. Single car spin will go to rear. Any cars going to pit will go to rear.
9. No work can be done on racecar on the track. No tools allowed on track. No crew is allowed on the track, ever! Track officials DO NOT pull sheet metal or perform work on cars!!
10. Any driver stopping on track and exiting car to argue with officials for any reason will be penalized at track official's discretion.
11. In the event that two or more cars cross the finish line at the same time, the car next to the infield can be declared the winner.
12. No car can receive any assistance from another car during the last lap of the race.
13. Any car stopping on the track deliberately will be penalized one lap for the infraction.
14. Rough driving will be dealt with through fines and/or suspensions.
15. No crewmembers on track without track officialís permission.
16. Race back to the checkered flag only. (Green and yellow lights on means race back.) If the track is blocked or driverís life in danger, we will go back for green, white, and checkered.
17. Lap traffic must stay to inside of speedway. (Any cars trying to hold up leaders will be black-flagged.)
18. Any car charged with three (3) unassisted cautions will be black-flagged.
19. Bringing out the caution to stop from going a lap down will be scored one (1) lap down.
20. Track official decisions are final.
Post Race Process
1. Top three cars must cross scales in order of finish for inspection after heats and features. All cars must have weight and any weight penalties posted on hood be for crossing the scales Scale tolerance 5 lbs. all classes.
2. Only driver or owner may protest. Protesting driver must compete in race in question to file protest. All protests must be received by Tech Man and have his approval. Spite protests and protests done in an un-sportsmanlike manner will not be considered. If protested, driver may back pull protesting car only. Only cars in front of drivers finish position in order may be protested. Officialís decision is final.
3. All other protests must be presented to Tech Man, in writing, within five minutes of the winner of the feature race crossing the scales. Protest must be accompanied by protest fee. Back protests must be made within five minutes of notification that car been protested.
4. Driver of cars found illegal will forfeit points and money earned for entire race night.
5. The Tech Man has final word on any rule or protest.
6. coring protests must be made after the completion of all night's racing. Scoring protests will only be done in an orderly manner. NO ARGUING! Any disorderly conduct will result in disqualification and/or suspension.
7. Scale area is off limits to pit crews during official weighing. Please exit scale area after car has been pushed onto scales. No car will be weighed until area has been cleared.
1. After protest has been filed and money has been put up, it will not be returned for any reason. Protest cannot be taken down once it is filed; this is to avoid swapping money, which is unfair to rest of field.
2. For protest money to go to car that has been protested, he must tear down and be checked and found legal.
3. Protests or questions will be made by driver only.
4. To protest any car in the field, you must finish directly behind them or protest all cars between. Must be on lead lap at checkered flag. Protested car may back pull protesting car only on equal or less items.
5. All protests must be submitted to the Tech man within five (5) minutes after the first car has crossed the scales.
6. Driver filing protest is all that will be allowed in protest area other than security and track officials.
7. All visual protests must be made in the same manner, as other protests except they have to be made before any Main Events start. Cost is $25. Bodies are not protest item and will be governed by track.
8. Cost of protest in all divisions: two (2) items $300 top only. One protest per car per night- this is to stop any spite protest. (But may pull fuel also) Acceptance fee is $100 for protest. The protested car to accept the protest will put up this fee. If found to be legal, acceptance fee will be returned along with protest money MINUS tech fee ($100). This money goes to the track. If illegal, acceptance fee goes to track. Money and points will be forfeited.
9. Protested cars have (5) minutes to accept or refuse protest. After acceptance, protested car has 5 mins. to back pull protesting car. If he or she accepts the protest, parts must be ready for inspection within one (1) hour. (Tech man discretion)
POINTS SYSTEM for all divisions will be as follows:
1. Winner receives 100 points per race. (Points will be awarded to driver only)
2. Each person through the field drops 2 points, for each position (100, 98, 96, etc.)
3. Any car protested and found illegal will forfeit all points for the night.
4. If a tie for a position were to happen, the tie would be broken in the following way. (A) Most wins, (B) Most top 5 finishes, (C) Most top 10 finishes
5. If a tie still exists, the money for the position and the following position will be divided equally.
6. Points start with the first race in April and end the first week in October.
7. Double point races will be announced in advance.
8. Lowest points race per driver will be dropped. (Includes a no show or lowest race.)
604 SECA Crate Late Model
Cherokee Speedway 604 SECA Crate Late Model division will follow (SECA) South Eastern Crate Association rules.
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com
602 SECA Crate Late Model
Cherokee Speedway 602 SECA Crate Late Model division will follow (SECA) South Eastern Crate Association rules.
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com
SECA Open Wheel Modified
Cherokee Speedway SECA Open Wheel Modified division will follow (SECA) South Eastern Crate Association rules.
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com
SECA Crate Sportsman
Cherokee Speedway SECA Crate Sportsman division will follow (SECA) South Eastern Crate Association rules.
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com
Super Street cars allowed. May run Cherokee tire rule.
Stock unless otherwise stated.
Must add 50 pounds if perches are moved.
Johnson Chassis must add 50 pounds.
Carolina Speedway cars may weigh 3000 pounds.
Carolina Speedway 604 motor cars weigh 2850 (No Bert or Brinn Trans. at 2850).
May run Hoosier EMOD Med or Hard and cannot exceed these specs (Tire cannot be
wider or softer than that of the EMOD Med). Weights may be adjusted during the
season for competition.
Body: Please see drawings at end of rule book: Any full size American car or
truck, 102" wheelbase minimum. Doors & fenders may be aluminum. Must have steel
floor pan under driver. Must run complete, enclosed cockpit. Front firewall
location may be moved for engine clearance. Firewall may be replaced aluminum or
steel material only. Rear of car may be open. Can cut for tire clearance and can remove inside wheel wells. Push bars must be
behind grill. Any nose OK. NO flared fenders. No MD3 or MD3 style noses. AR Dirt
Bodies approved. Solid mounts OK. Cars must remain stock appearing. May have
max. 8" rear spoiler ( 8" tall x 24" long side spoilers or spill plates). May
run 3 spill plates. See diagram for measurements. Maximum spoiler height 50".
May run one 4" spoiler inside car. Hood and trunk straps permitted. (May run
hole in hood for breather). 48" x 48" min. roof. Max. body width 72".
Chassis: Must have roll cage, and all safety equipment. Cage must secure to uni-body.
All cars frame may be tied together under floor pan. Wheel base stock (2"
tolerance). 7.5" min chassis height on Johnson Chassis. T&L type chassis must
run 602 crate motor.
Johnson Racing X.Y.G. Metric Chassis Allowed. ADD 50 LBS. (This is the ONLY
aftermarket chassis that is allowed.) Please visit
* All tubular frames will be serial numbered. Any tubular frame without the SECA or Crate Racing serial numbers will be considered illegal. Any Johnson frame or repaired clip found to be altered could result in fines or suspensions.
* Stock metric frames have to option to be repaired with SECA or Crate Racing USA tubular front and/or rear clip. Front and Rear clips will also have SECA or Crate Racing USA serial numbers.
* Stock metric frames have the option to run the following Johnson:
Left Upper A Frame: JCI-09-02-003R
Right Upper A Frame: JCI-09-02-003L
Left Lower A Frame: JCI-09-02-01RC-L-SP
Right Lower A Frame: JCI-09-02-01RC-R-SP
Rear Upper Trailing Arm: JCI-09-03-04B
Rear Lower Trailing Arm: JCI-09-03-03B
No notching of frame for tie rod clearance. Johnson Chassis that have been
notched must have cover the notched area on sides and bottom of frame with .125
Suspension: Must be stock. Screw jacks OK on rear only. Lowering blocks OK.
Adjustable cups OK. May cut top A-frames to adjust camber and caster (Top a-arm
only may be tube non adjustable). Stock perches, must be in stock location. May
enlarge hole for shock clearance. Spindle savers ok. Steel, nylon bushing, or
monoballs OK. Steel body non adjustable racing shocks OK, may relocate rear
only. Front shocks must remain in stock location. Front shock mounts may be
moved up (Vertically) to prevent bottoming out with 3" max. from stock position.
Heim joints OK on shocks only. May cut rear top control arm only to adjust
pinion angle. NO coil over type adjustments. Heim joints allowed only where
Rearend: May run 9" Ford. Floater legal. Disc brakes legal.
Brakes: Stock caliper for make and type of car disc OK (No 4 piston calipers)
any pedals; adjusters OK.
Wheels: Any steel 8" maximum. Large wheel studs OK. Bead locks OK, outward
Tires: Stock Tires. Any Hoosier Med. Hard and RC4, American Racer 265 Med. or
Goodyear G65. (8.5 Inch Maximum Width)
8. Driveshaft: Any steel 1 1/2" or larger. Must be painted white, with car number. Must have safety loop.
Transmission: Must be stock with at least one forward & rear working gear .
Bert/Brinn type tranny OK with reverse mount starter.
Flywheel: Stock flywheel (No less than 10 1/2", must weigh 14 lbs). Clutch and
pressure plate or triple disc clutch with flex plate is OK (No smaller than
5.5"). NO single disc.
Engine Location: #1 sparkplug in line or in front of top ball joint. 0
Fuel: Must pass track test. Fuel tank must be mounted inside of trunk.
Weight: Weight MUST be posted on hood due to different head rules. 3200 lbs.
after race. Dart Heads 3300 lbs. after race. Crate engine cars with 604 2900
lbs. after race. 602 2800 lbs. Nesmith cars must weigh their weight and go by
their rules. Weights will be adjusted for competition as the season starts.
Engine Specs: Must match make of car, Chevrolet for Chevrolet, Ford for Ford,
etc. 365 Max Cid. Or GM Crate Motor Part #88958604 (350 factory stock circle
track engine - 88958604).
Block: Cast iron OEM only (No Bowtie or SVO). May plug, or install vent pipes,
or screens. May Plug deck and re-drill water holes. Maximum cylinder bore of
Crank: Any steel stock appearing crank. No billet. 50 lb min weight. May balance
(Drill hole, weld, minor grinding). For balancing purposes the counterweights
may be turned. Must maintain 1.950 for steel /1.750 for cast. No knife edging.
No pendulum undercut. No polishing or lightening of counterweights or throws.
Will be weighed with cam gear and pilot bushing.
Rods: Any steel rods. No aluminum or titanium rods.
Piston: Any flat top Eyebrows legal.
Pan: Any wet sump oil pan.
Heads: Stock cast iron OEM, No owtie or angle plug heads, may run double hump.
Competition valve job permitted; Any angle any depth. All angles must be
concentric with valve guide; May have .750 hand blend from top of 45 degree (7/8
will be wrong). Screw in studs and guide plates OK. Roller Rockers are
permitted. Also may run Dart #10024266 57cc. or Dart Iron Eagle Sportsman Head
#10110010F. 180* Intake Ports, 49cc, 47 min. Only other modification competition
valve job (202 Intake / 160 Exhaust). May also run World Product Head
#011250-037. Any head other than OEM GM MUST add 100 lbs.
Valve: Any stock diameter, steel valve permitted. Valve may have under cut stem
2.02" (Intake) and 1.6" (Exhaust) valve sizes are allowed.
Valve Spring: Any steel. Single or double.
Retainers: Any steel or titanium valve spring retainers allowed.
Cam: Hydraulic or Mechanical .500" lift max. Hydraulic checked with zero lash
and mechanical check with .025" lash. Any Hydraulic or solid flat tappet lifter.
Stock diameter only. All cams MUST be OEM firing order.
Lifter: Stock diameter. No roller lifter.
Intake: OEM Bowtie cast iron intake, or any aluminum, as casted. No
Fuel Pump: Stock only.
Carburetor: 650 Holley (#4777) OK (No 4 corner idle screws). May run a 2" Spacer
with no more than (2) .070" thick gaskets. May drill holes in butterflies. Must
pass track gauges.
Ignition: Stock, may have chip. Billet distributor OK. Any wires. MSD box allowed or same as.
Header: Headers OK. Exhaust EVAC system OK.
Claimer rule on crate motor only 604 $5,200 and 602 $3,550. Track will keep $50.
Engine will be received with accessories as supplied from GM. Only highest
finishing crate engine may be claimed. Only driver on the same lap can claim. If
more than one person claims, the driver finishing the farthest back gets 1st
(Two Things Only) $300 with track retaining $100. Bottom End protest - $600 with
track retaining $100. 602/604 Motors will be treated as regular protests and
bolts are not required.
(Under Hood Visual Protest) $50 straight fee
to look for carb # (After Heats Only).
(Tire Chemical Protest) $125 per tire to protest. $125 per tire acceptance fee. 3 grooved strips removed from tire and sent for lab testing.
* Stock unless otherwise stated.
Please see drawings at end of rule book. The objective of body rules are to keep the cars looking similar to each other and as close to stock while keeping them Race Cars.
1. Wheelbase: Stock wheel base for chassis being ran. Any chassis with a wheelbase shorter than 108" will not be allowed. No Jeeps or Station Wagons.
2. Rubber nose OK. Nose must match tailpiece. (If you have a Camaro nose, you must run a Camaro tailpiece, Monte Carlo, Nova Charger, etc.) No exotic or Late Model style noses or elephant ears allowed.
3. Must run FULL tailpiece rear of car. 20" min. height from deck to bottom of tailpiece. No holes or flaps.
4. Must run complete, enclosed cockpit. Must have steel floor pan under driver. Front firewall location may be moved for engine clearance. Firewall may be replaced aluminum or steel material only. Top and quarters must be stock looking. Doors and fenders may be aluminum. Cars must remain stock appearing.
5. Spoiler: Maximum height 6". May run side spoilers. 6" high x 12" long. May have one 4" spoiler inside car.
7. No exposed bars.
8. Body must sit on frame in OEM position.
9. Aftermarket dirt bodies allowed. Must be approved by track.
10. All bodies should carry original body lines.
11. AR Bodies OK.
Chassis And Suspension
1. Front suspension components must remain stock or stock type for type of chassis running unless otherwise stated. This includes draglinks, tie rods, spindles, etc. FRONT SUSPENSION! No Astro van spindles etc. Cannot drill front rotors.
2. Steering: Stock Type / Quickeners OK.
3. Front spring spacers OK. No front screw jacks allowed. OEM rear trailing arms only. Rear Spring - Jack bolts OK. Rear spring buckets OK. (Rear jack bolt buckets can be no taller that 6".)
4. Springs may be changed. Must remain in stock location. (Racing springs OK.) No stack springs.
5. A-Frames: Upper may be tubular steel or modified O.E.M. Longer GM stock type ball joints OK on upper only. (No screw in ball joints.) Lower control arm must be O.E.M for frame used, must remain unaltered in stock position. Stock type replacement ball joints only. (No long ball joint may be used on lower.) (No screw in ball joints allowed.) No mono-balls allowed. Must run rubber bushings only.
6. Shocks: Front - Bilstien #AK1043 only. (Front shock can be raised 3" only. May lower 2" only. Must use lower stock mounting points.) Rear Bilstien #SSR1 only. May move rear shocks.
7. Engine Location: #1 sparkplug even with center top ball joint.
8. Framework may be reinforced. Uni-body cars (Frames) must have stock floor pan and must be in stock location.
9. Remote power steering reservoirs are legal.
1. Engine must be same make as car. Engine must be STRICTLY STOCK. No factory high performance allowed.
2. Cubic Inch: (Chevy - 350 C.I.) (Ford - 351 C.I.) (Chrysler - 360 C.I.)
3. Block: Stock cast iron OEM, may overbore .060 MAXIMUM (NO TOLERANCE). May deck block to .000 deck only (NO TOLERANCE).
4. Crankshaft: Factory stock for engine running or the following part numbers: Scat part #4-350-3480 or Eagle part #ESP103503480 and ESP103523480. 9-350-3480-5700 2 piece, 9-10442 2 piece, 9-10526 1 piece, 4-350-3480-5700 2 piece, 4-350-3480-5700L 1 piece, 103503480, 103523480. NO CUTTING ALLOWED.
5. Rods: Factory stock for engine running OK. NO WORK ALLOWED OF ANY KIND. May run any rod bolt. May run Eagle rod part #ESP5700BPLW or Scat part #SCA-25700P. Floating pin OK.
6. Pistons: May use any flat top or dish stock replacement piston, forged or hypereutectic. Flat top piston must have 4 valve relief's (Factory). No custom machining allowed, must use standard (Wide) ring package 5/64th", 5/64th", 3/16th". Coating on skirts OK. No custom pistons. May cut valve pockets.
7. Intake: Option 1 - Factory stock, cast iron, low rise only. Valley pan OK. Must weigh 3100 lbs. after race with driver. Option 2 - Edelbrock part #5001 or 2101, must weigh 3200 lbs after race with driver. Must remain box stock, no alterations. Any 1" spacer. Option 3 - Dart Heads with 2101 or 7101 and must weigh 3250. Any of these weights can be adjusted for competition purposes.
8. Heads: Factory stock or Dart, cast iron OEM straight plug only, screw in studs allowed. No high performance or double hump allowed. NO BLEND WORK ALLOWED. No less than 70 CC. Competition Valve job OK, may not bore below guide boss. May run roller rockers 1.5 ratio for Chevy, 3/8 and 7/16 stud, no stud girdles allowed. Buy rule $225. For other engine manufacturers, stock rocker ratio. Any steel valve spring. Any steel retainer. POLYLOCKS OK. GUIDE PLATES OK. Stock diameter stainless steel valves OK. May run Dart Head SS #10024361 but cannot alter anything other than the following: Dart heads and may not use the Edelbrock part #5001. May run the 2101 or 7101 intake with any 1" spacer only with 2101. No porting or polishing intakes.
* 64 CC MIN chamber volume.
Any stainless valve - 11/32" stem - 1.940 intake - 1.500 exhaust. No titanium
keepers, retainers, etc.
Any steel valve spring. Steel retainers and keepers only. Stud mounted rocker
arms only - 1.5 ratio.
9. Camshaft: MUST BE Flat Tappet HYDRAULIC LIFTERS ONLY. Any timing chain. May degree camshaft. Cam must be OEM .425 maximum lift for Chevrolet; others will be .450 maximum lift. May run valley tray.
10. Oil Pan: Any wet sump.
11. Balancers: Factory stock. NO AFTER MARKET.
12. Aftermarket pulley system and belts OK.
13. Any plugs and plug wires OK.
14. No electric radiator cooling fans
15. No electric water pumps.
1. Any standard 4 into 1 collector header. Any length pipe, must stay same diameter.. No coatings allowed. No tri-y's- No "X" or merge type pipes allowed.
2. Exhaust EVAC system OK.
3. Mufflers OK. $100 Buy Rule to keep expense down.
1. Fuel: Track fuel ONLY. Must pass track test.
2. Carburetor: OEM Stock single line 2 barrel or 4 barrel for make. Must use stock or stock replacement gasket. May drill holes in butterflies. No spacer allowed. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE. Or may run box stock Holley 650 #4777. No 4 corner idle screws. May run 1" adapter for Holley carb. to stock manifold with no more than (2) .070" thick gaskets. May remove choke flap. May drill holes in butterflies. Must pass track gauges. May run maximum 2" air cleaner riser.
3. Fuel Pump: Stock OEM only.
4. Fuel cell MANDATORY (Mounted in metal can).
5. No cold air boxes, may cut hole in hood for air cleaner with 4 1/2" max. tall scoop or air deflector. Scoop may be no more than 4" wider than air cleaner.
1. Stock appearing distributor with stock appearing module. May lock advance and/or change springs.
2. May run brass distributor gear.
1. Clutch: Factory stock OEM style clutch. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE.
2. Pressure Plate: Factory stock OEM style. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE. Pressure plate must be stock or stock replacement only (Steel only). Hydraulic throw out bearing OK. Pressure plate must weigh a minimum of 12 pounds. (This is to be weighed alone). If it is determined that you have modified, or altered the pressure plate, IT IS WRONG. May Balance.
3. Flywheel: Factory stock. May resurface, No lightening. 14 lbs. min. weight. Z-28 OK. May Balance.
4. Release Bearing: Hydraulic bearings OK. May run hydraulic slave cylinder.
4. Scatter shield or 3/16" plate around flywheel area MANDATORY.
5. Transmission: Factory automatic or straight drive. Must have all working gears.
6. Drive Shaft: Factory steel only. 1 1/2" minimum diameter.
7. Rearend: Stock factory or 9" Ford. Any ratio OK. Positraction or locked OK. Floater OK. 9" Ford mounting points must be stock type with No adjustability. 4 1/2" max - 3 1/2" min from center of axle tube to center of trailing arm bolt. (Any Additional Holes MUST Be Removed.) Gun drilled axles OK. No titanium. Drilled rotors in the rear end OK.
8. Rear Trailing Arms:
Lower: OEM rear trailing arms only, must remain stock.
Upper: May change length or relocate bolt holes for pinion angle.
Left and Right Lower trailing arms must be same length.
Left and Right Upper trailing arms must be same length.
1. Stock 4 wheel disk OK; NO AFTER MARKET; NO ALUMINUM. Must have operational 4 wheel braking system.
2. Racing pedals OK. Brake adjusters inside of car OK.
Tire And Wheels
1. 60 or 70 series street tire. Hoosier M500, H500 racing tires allowed. No grooving or sipping.
2. 8" max width steel wheel.
3. Large wheel studs and lugs nuts OK.
4. Beadlocks OK outward facing only.
(Two Things Only) $300 with track retaining $100.
End Only Protest) $600
Option 1: Weigh crank/check journals, visual rod and piston from the bottom. Crank will be weighed with gear and pilot.
Option 2: Remove rod and piston from engine and visual crank/check journals in place.
Hood Visual Protest) $50 straight fee to look at carb and exhaust. (After Heats
(Tire Chemical Protest) $100 per tire to protest. $100 per tire acceptance fee.
3 grooved strips removed from tire and sent for lab testing.
(Shock Buy Rule) Front $80 each. Rear $125 each.
Cherokee Speedway Stock 4 division will follow (MMSA) Monster Mini Stock Association rules.
Refer to the MMSA rules at: www.mmsastock4.com
Extreme 4 / FWD
* Stock unless otherwise stated.
1. 1980 OR newer front wheel drive, 4 cylinder passenger cars only. No all wheel drive or all wheel steering allowed. No station wagons, vans or pick up trucks.
2. Body must maintain original dimensions, standard as from the manufacturer. Original body material may be patched / replaced with sheet metal as long as original body lines remain.
3. Floor pan, trunk pan, front and rear interior wheel wells must remain stock and in stock location.
4. Interior trim must be removed. (Carpet, head liner, side panels, etc). Any material which is flammable must be removed.
Hood must be held shut with at least two hood pins.
6. Must add at least 3 crash bars in front of driver. All glass must be removed from car.
7. Fabricated dash board OK. Sheet metal interior OK. Must have a minimum of two access holes for inspection.
Rear and passenger must be removed and a minimum 20 gauge sheet metal cover to
form a rear fire wall installed to seal rear area of inside of car from trunk
Doors must remain in stock location. Sheet metal doors OK.
Inner fenders/ wheel wells must remain stock and unaltered. Must have full floor
pan. May be patched to repair rust or damage.
Must have at least one hoop bar with three door bars on drivers door. Must have
seamless tubing 4 point role cage with X braced hoop behind driver and a minimum
of three door bars with vertical bracing from top to bottom. Where bars connect
to frame must be a minimum 1/4 inch steel plate welded to frame in a secure and
safe manner. Front and rear bars OK.
Aftermarket wing/spoiler OK on rear of car.
NO PERFORMANCE ENGINES. Stock 4 cylinder engine only. Engine must remain stock
as delivered by the factory and must remain in stock location. No Cosworth or
rotary engines allowed, NO turbo charged or supercharged engines allowed.
ABSOLUTELY NO NITROUS. All engines must be used in the model of car for which
they were manufactured. No factory or aftermarket high performance components
will be allowed in the engine or drive train. Stock carburetor or fuel injection
system for the make and model of car being competed only. Stock production air
filter element required. No high
performance will be allowed. (K&N OK) No cold air system allowed. Cone type must
be bolted to intake. Only water allowed in radiator and cooling system. No
antifreeze allowed. May remove exhaust pipe and mufflers. Exhaust manifold must
remain stock with pipe extending beyond the drivers seat, parallel to the
ground. Cast iron manifold
only. No headers of any kind. Only Up to 2.2 liter engine allowed. No variable
valve timing engines.
2200 lb. minimum weight. Weight break for safety devices head and neck restraint
- 25 lbs full containment seat.
Only stock suspension parts allowed. Drilling or cutting of the stock
suspension parts for camber is OK. Safety hubs OK. Car may be lowered with stock
parts only. No adjustable coil overs. Stock shock location only. Cannot move
where shock/strut mounts to car.
Must have functional OEM front brakes. Rear brakes may be removed. No bias
adjusters or shut offs allowed.
Wheels And Tires
All wheels must be the same size and offset. 7 inch wide racing wheels ok. Tires
must have DOT stamp and legal for highway use. No performance, trick, gumball,
fancy or exotic tires of any kind allowed. No less than 300 tread wear rating
allowed. Track reserves the right to disallow any tire from use in competition
in this class.
18. Aluminum racing seat with minimum 5 point harness required. Fire extinguisher with gauge, mounted in quick release harness in reach of driver is mandatory. Racing helmet with a sa2015 rating required. No motorcycle helmets.
19. Anything to promote safety may be added with approval from tech man.
20. If stock fuel tank is ahead of rear axle it may be used or replaced with a fuel cell. If stock tank is behind rear axle it must be replaced with fuel cell enclosed in a steel can mounted securely in center of trunk. In either case there must be a metal firewall between fuel tank and drivers compartment.
21. After three wins driver must start his/her next race from the rear. Only exception is big money race or special event.
ENGINE COMPUTER ONLY $150. Only top five eligible to buy computer; Furthest car
back gets first choice to buy.
MOTOR BUY RULE $1,500. Only top five eligible to buy
motor; Furthest car back gets first choice to buy.
24. Three items only head, intake, bore and stroke. Overhead camshafts and gears will be considered part of the head. $300 with track retaining $100. Any car refusing protest will forfeit all money and points for the night. Tech man has final say. Must finish directly behind the car in order to protest.
25. Visual protest $25 must be presented to the tech man in writing 30 minutes before the main event.
26. Top three cars will be visual inspected directly after the main event each week. All cars may be subject to random inspection at any time.
This is a class designed for 10 to 17 year olds (The day driver turns 18, must
move up) and any women up to 65. The track reserves the right to promote any
driver up at any time without prior notice. Cars will be on transponders. Any
car consistently 1/2 second faster than the field will be moved up to Stock 4
the following race.
Any driver competing in a higher division at another track that does not offer Young Guns, will be promoted up to Stock 4 or higher division if consistently finishing in Top 5 at other track. If an entry fee / membership fee is paid to compete in an association or series event in a higher division, driver will be promoted to Stock 4 or higher division immediately.
Please refer to Stock 4 rules. Only exceptions to rules are tires and must have 4 wheel working brakes. Young Guns will run 60 or 70 series across the counter street tire. No racing recaps of any style.
Stock flywheel assembly. No scallops and must weigh 16 pounds.
SECA Thunder Bomber
Cherokee Speedway SECA Thunder Bomber division will follow (SECA) South Eastern Crate Association rules.
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com
Cherokee Speedway Pure Stock
division will follow Travelers Rest Speedway Pure Stock division rules.
Refer to the TRS rules at: www.trspeedwaysc.com
Body Drawings - Refer to: www.cherokeespeedwaysc.com/Includes/bodydrawings.pdf